April 03, 2020

The Role of Women


Scripture has the church structured in such a way that women have very little place to participate in today’s organized religion. For instance, becoming a preacher, teaching men, becoming an elder, or becoming a leader are roles for men. However, being left out of the organized church leadership should not be taken as a slight. Rather we should all realize the same Spirit that is poured out on men is poured out on women. Quoting the prophet Joel, Peter said, ““‘In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams. Even on my servants, both men and women, I will pour out my Spirit in those days, and they will prophesy”” (Acts 2: 17-19 NIV).




No comments: