September 14, 2007

Oh Ye of Little Taste

One time our women’s ministry did a program titled, Dress for Success. The program covered everything from hair and make-up to clothing and accessories. A stifled chuckle ran through the audience when the Master of Ceremonies introduced me for my segment of the program by saying, “You all know Gail, she’s the one who always wears black”. Taking the podium I semi-smiled at the ‘what not to wear’ introduction, but my mind was saying, 'So what’s wrong with black? Black goes with everything, its slimming and disguises lumps - maybe you should try it.’ I’d like to be mature and report I’ve gotten over what I perceived as a public chiding. However, even though I can hear Jesus telling me not to worry about what I wear, the truth is this incident resurrects itself every time I see this other woman.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gail;
-----God says that He will remember our sins no more, having removed them as far from us as East is from West. Sometimes I think we will have to await the end of this present age before His memory fails. For as long as there is one of His children, all of whose thoughts He knows, remembering a wrong done, God will be reminded by that one’s memory. I would imagine there are a few out there who still deliberately remind Him of things I have done. And it sounds like God’s memory of that past Master of Ceremonies’ sin against you is not going to fog up anytime soon. It is important to forgive, but forgetting is nearly impossible. Some memories, wanted or not, are as persistent as yellow toe nails. So, I think our forgetting each other’s sins before the end may have to await Alzheimer’s.