January 28, 2009

It All Depends...

Those who’ve been fighting for the right to life must be discouraged by Obama’s reversal of the Bush policies on stem cell research and abortion-funds. Even though this seems to be a setback, we need to remember that their labor of love has had victories. In situations like this, rather than wringing our hands in despair, we can find comfort in Paul’s thoughts, “If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone.” (Ro 12:18 NIV) The phrase I find most meaningful is, ‘as far as it depends on you’. When something depends on me and I have done all that I can do, there is a sense of release and relief…and I can live in peace.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gail;

-----I think you are right on. It takes truth and the efforts of two to have total peace. If the other party is not willing to do his part in coming into alignment with the truth, then his misalignment will still produce a contentious situation. But the one party who has done all he can to align with the truth can still have peace with God and intentions of goodwill towards the other. And that is the better part of peace.
----We are not responsible for the many evils that are going to flow out of this Progressive horde as long as we have done all we are able to prevent their success. So I do as much as I can, then dismiss myself from the situation knowing they own it entirely. The entire Republican delegation did this very thing January 29 by voting against the Democrat economic fail out bill. Come 2010, if they continue to hold to what is right instead of holding to the Democrats and their lap-dog media, these Republicans will be able to go into their campaigns in peace.

Love you all,
Steve Corey