March 30, 2012

Coincidence

For my weekly church newsletter I debated about swapping two interviews around.  One is a great story that has a warm fuzzy feel to it where the interviewee reminisced about Easter as a child. The other is captivating story of a physically and mentally abused woman who struggled raising two boys and wrestled with God over issues she didn’t understand. I decided to publish the stories in the order of the interview, which meant that the feel good story will run this week, a week prior to Easter. The overcoming abuse story will be published for Easter Sunday. As I proof read the Easter Sunday edition I was blown away by God’s perfect timing and messaging. The interviewee’s favorite passage of Scripture is the perfect Easter story rolled up into one tiny verse, “Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies…” (John 11:25 NIV)

1 comment:

Steve Corey said...

Gail;

-----I believe God’s hand is in coincidence. I believe that His purpose is served by everything. I ask Him to steady my life the best He can by teaching me if He can, and therefore to steady it surely by at least coincidence. And I see Him using coincidence all over, not only in my life, but in everyone else’s too.

Love you all,
Steve Corey