May 25, 2016

Selfish Ambition

During my church visits it became obvious that some organizations were misrepresenting themselves with their tax-exempt 501(c) (3) status. While I know God will hold those accountable who perpetrate fraud under the umbrella of doing kingdom work, I’m taken aback by other believers (family, friends and church leaders) who turn a blind eye to the manipulation, misuse and deception. Paul pointed out that there are those who preach Christ, not sincerely, but out of selfish ambition. It’s easier for me to set aside my indignation when I hear Paul say, “But what does it matter? The important thing is that in every way, whether from false motives or true, Christ is preached. And because of this I rejoice” (Phil 1:18a NIV).

1 comment:

Steve Corey said...

Gail;

-----”4The LORD has made everything for its purpose, even the wicked for the day of trouble.” (Prov 16:4) This is similar to what Joseph told his brothers to set them at ease, “…you meant evil against me; but God meant it for good.” (Gen 50:20b) This is one of the things I find so glorious about the Lord, one of the things which sets Him so far above everything and proves His perfection, His ability to make right effects from evil deeds and occurrences. What a mighty way to defeat one’s enemy! What better showing of evil’s eventual confinement (in the lake of fire) than to use its own dastardliness to advance righteousness which will eventually overcome evil. “We know that in everything God works for good with those who love Him, who are called according to His purpose.” (Rom 8:28) What a statement of freedom for those who love the Lord!


Love you all,
Steve Corey