August 28, 2017

Praiseworthy

In the epistles Paul teaches, rebukes, offers encouragement and gives praise to the churches. Paul wrote to the Thessalonians, “We always thank God for all of you, mentioning you in our prayers. We continually remember before our God and Father your work produced by faith, your labor prompted by love, and your endurance inspired by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ” (1Thess 1:2-3 NIV). It occurs to me that in all the worship services I’ve attended, in my own church as well as those I’ve visited as a reporter, I hear praise for the work of individuals and their performances, but I’ve not heard leadership praise the Godly character of their church. I’m now wondering why church leadership fails to give praiseworthy sentiments about the body as a whole.

No comments: