August 25, 2017

Surveillance

On weekdays I take my exercise walk in a fairgrounds facility. Occasionally there are a few senior-age walkers, but normally it's only the fairgrounds staff doing upkeep and maintenance. One-day last week there were about a half a dozen of us in the facility when a pair of newly purchased sunglasses went missing. The owner of the glasses questioned everyone to no avail. A couple days later I learned that surveillance tape clearly showed a man in his 80’s keeping his eye on others while he stashed the glasses in the waistband of his pants. I’m surprise and disappointed because I’ve visited and been cordial with the man on many occasions. Often we are too trusting, even amongst fellow believers. Paul warns, “In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, we command you, brothers, to keep away from every brother who is idle and does not live according to the teaching you received from us” (2 Thess 3:6 NIV).

No comments: