June 18, 2018

Remember Me


Participating in the Lord’s Table is a specific time set aside for us to remember the sacrifice Christ made, His body that was pierced and His blood that was shed. Throughout the rest of the week I say a blessing at meals for the bread I eat and the juice I drink, but the sacrifice of the Lord does not come to the forefront of my mind. I’m now wondering if I can train myself to use bread, any type of bread, as a trigger to remember the Lord. The bun on my hamburger, the tortilla around my burrito, or the dinner roll with my entrée. After the resurrection Jesus walked with two men on the road to Emmaus. Evening was approaching and the men invited their traveling companion to stay with them in their village. Luke recorded, “When he was at the table with them, he took bread, gave thanks, broke it and began to give it to them. Then their eyes were opened and they recognized him, and he disappeared from their sight. They asked each other, “Were not our hearts burning within us while he talked with us on the road and opened the Scriptures to us”” (Luke 24:30-32 NIV)?

No comments: