April 25, 2019

Reflecting on the Kingdom


A Christian school recently hired a new administrator and his credentials did not seem to match the position he was hired for. While he has a lot of world experience (military, medical technology, business, leadership, etc.), there was no mention of Bible college degrees or classes in Christian education and administration. As a financial supporter of the school I talked to a school board member and ask about the new hire’s Christian educational background. The board member took such a defensive attitude to my inquiry that I’m now wondering about continuing with my support. It’s not lost on me how our attitudes reflect on the organizations we’re affiliated with, and on the Kingdom in which we serve. Paul said, “And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him” (Col 3:17 NIV).

No comments: