April 02, 2019

Sin Working in Me


Politicians (Republican and Democrat) and the media are second guessing President Trump’s recent decision to once again put health care on the table. News anchors are saying, “Why doesn’t Trump just take a victory lap on the Robert Mueller report rather than bring up health care? It’s an issue that neither side can fix.” Trump is not going to let Congress ignore the health care issue and I find his methods similar to the methods used by the Spirit. As believers we often feel our sinful nature is impossible to fix and yet the Spirit keeps bringing us back to a particular sin issue. The Spirit will not allow us to turn a blind eye and continue to ignore sin. Paul said, “So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God’s law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God—through Jesus Christ our Lord” (Ro 7:21-25 NIV)!


No comments: