March 09, 2007

Limited

Recently I saw a truck with the company name ‘Great Services, Ltd.’ printed on the side. I think that’s a fitting motto for some of us in our ministries. We get so busy serving that we fail to recognize there is a limit to our great service. On more than one occasion I’ve had to plead with the Lord, ‘Please just get me through this one event. I’ll try hard to never again volunteer for something where I have to ask You to come and bail me out.” The truth be known, the Lord probably enjoys those times when I’m forced to cry out, ‘save me’. What a perfect opportunity to remind me He’s the one who’s Unlimited.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gail;
-----Here I am, a CPA, and I have no idea why people slap the terms “limited,” and “unlimited” on their company names. I know there are certain ownership structures reflected in those terms, but they are rarely consistent with the given suffix. I think they choose them just because they sound neat. But I know if I were to define my services in the Lord “Limited” would apply well. I also know it would not sound too neat. But to me it would sound very honest.