February 17, 2012

Funerals

Adam and Eve were kicked out of the Garden of Eden and I have an image of them hanging their heads, leaving the Garden and walking into the cruel world. I don’t think I’ve fully considered this as being a funeral march of sorts and God grieving over the spiritual death of His creation. While I know that God rejoices with every soul that is saved, I had never contemplated the grief He endures at every spiritual funeral that He must attend. “But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.” (Matt 7:14 NIV)

1 comment:

Steve Corey said...

Gail;

-----From our perspective, that is a lot of spiritual funerals, since many travel the broad easy road. But amongst all the spirits of His angels, I wonder how few the total of ours might be? And as many as all His angels might be, He has had to experience the spiritual funerals of one-third of them. When I’m sad and all pouting, I think of this very concept. God experiences everything anyone experiences. He is sympathetic and omnipresent. I am sure then, He is not willing to put up with feeling every bite of destruction eternally devouring His loved ones. He will bring it to end. I like to think God’s parting sentiment at the gate to the garden was, “In the meantime, things’re going to get tough. So, have Jesus and hang in there, guys!”

Love you all,
Steve Corey