February 13, 2012

Invitation

Some of us think that the only thing we have to do to bring people to the Lord is simply invite them to church. If we can just get them in the door, then it’s up to the Spirit, the preacher and church fellowship to keep them engaged. When Paul spoke to the Athenians, he didn’t wait for Silas, Timothy or anyone else to make a case for Jesus. He was so acquainted with his subject and his supportive argument that even though some in his audience sneered, others said, “We want to hear you again on this subject.” (Acts 17:32 NIV) As mature believers we are all equipped with the Word of God, so we know our subject…and yet I wonder if any of us have been invited back to speak again.

1 comment:

Steve Corey said...

Gail;

-----I don’t recall ever being invited back. I have one friend who has for years said he would give me a time to show him what makes Jesus real and the Word true. But he never has, even though I’ve kept reminding him. Paul must have gotten lucky. I’ve had to do my best over those years by just trying to be it in the way I lived around him.

Love you all,
Steve Corey