February 28, 2012

The Right Answer

I’m trying to wrap my head around being a fulltime online student. Right now my focus is on trying to get the right answer from the textbook, rather than taking in the big picture. It’s as though I really can’t enjoy personal ah-ha’s, because I know those things are not going to be on the final exam. I think something similar can happen in our Christian walk. We are so concerned with having the right answers for the final exam that we often miss the exciting things that the Spirit wants to show us in the Word.

1 comment:

Steve Corey said...

Gail;

-----In the situation with your education, the people who wrote the textbook wrote the exam. You know you must keep your focus, because it’s coming up all too soon. But the same sensation we get about our Christian walk might be quite different. The answers we’re so concerned with having often seem more involved with a final exam we’re writing ourselves. We get these crazy ideas about what the new life should be and try to live into them rather than simply living the ideas of the Word and thus discovering what the new life is.

Love you all,
Steve Corey