June 08, 2012

Holding Down the Fort

There are some of us who are always at church on Sunday mornings. We seldom take vacations and we make every effort to schedule out of town activities so they don’t coincide with church. Then there are those members who are sporadic in attendance and they seem to just drop-in every once in awhile to say hello and then you won’t see them again for another month. I have to tell you that it does occasionally yank my chain. However, I recently did an interview with a woman who is out of town a lot because of business travel. Donna said, “It’s such a blessing to be in a church where we take to heart the meaning of being a church family. God keeps me grounded here even when I’m out of town and can’t be here each week.” OK, so holding down the fort is a blessing to others…I can live with that.

1 comment:

Steve Corey said...

Gail;

-----What flusters me most about church is that it is the place we gather to worship. That’s far short of what the church is portrayed to be in the Bible. There it is the believers come together, and they also worship. It is where support for every area of life is exchanged. The weak and the strong were both there in need of each other.

Love you all,
Steve Corey