March 29, 2018

The Table


I have a huge stack of old 78 records that belonged to my grandma; however, they mean nothing to me even though they have been in the family for more than 75 years. On the other hand, I use and treasure her old oak dining room table because it is the same table I sat around and ate meals on when growing up. Today as I sit at this beloved table for meals it’s easy for memories to resurface in my mind. I find I have a similar experience when I come around the Lord’s table during communion on Sunday. After years of communing with the Lord around this beloved table the memories of His life and death are refreshed in my mind. Paul wrote, “For whenever you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death until he comes” (1 Cor 11:26 NIV).

No comments: