January 24, 2019

The Progressive Wing


My friend remains active as a Seventh Day Adventist, but she shared with me that she would be much happier if there were a progressive wing of the denomination. Webster’s definition of progressive is, (1) of, relating to, or characterized by progress. (2) making use of or interested in new ideas, findings or opportunities. No doubt there are also people in mainstream churches who have a similar desire be progressive. However, Paul cautioned, “As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let him be eternally condemned! Am I now trying to win the approval of men, or of God? Or am I trying to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a servant of Christ. I want you to know, brothers, that the gospel I preached is not something that man made up. I did not receive it from any man, nor was I taught it; rather, I received it by revelation from Jesus Christ” (Gal 1:9-12 NIV).


No comments: