September 05, 2008

Hard Copy

I don’t mind reading something off the computer screen, but if I really need to digest it, I print off a hard copy. I like being able to pick up a document and put it down, make notations and use a highlighter. To me there’s something more valuable and trustworthy about a document that I can hold onto as opposed to hear-say. When Moses came back down off Mount Sinai, the Israelites didn’t have to worry about whether or not he remembered the Ten Commandments correctly, because he had the stone tablets. Now, that’s what I call a really hard copy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gail;
----Please allow me to expand your analogy some. Although those stone tablets were very hard copy, they also were a very minute portion of it all. God gave us the entire hard copy over a span of two-thousand years in sixty-six different documents. God intended us to trust our leaders when they hold the Bible in hand. Over two-thousand more years, though, we have learned a deadly error: trusting our Bibles through our leaders.
Love,
Steve Corey