September 26, 2008

Obedience

I see fellow believers who know the Word, but seemingly pick and choose which Scripture they chose to obey. I’m not talking about those Scriptures that are shades of gray, but rather those that are so black and white no one can misinterpret them. It’s easy to apply a little righteous indignation toward ‘those who ought to know better’…all in the name of maturity of course. And then I hear Jesus say, “As for the person who hears my words but does not keep them, I do not judge him. For I did not come to judge the world, but to save it.” (John 12:47 NIV) Certainly if Jesus isn’t judging their obedience, then neither should I.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gail;
-----Thank you for pointing out that passage. I have a little list of black and whites I don’t do so well on either. It has been the bigger reason why I talk so much about being merciful towards others whose compliance fall noticeably short as well. I never was too comfortable with that reason, though. Now I have better reason.

Love,
Steve Corey