September 29, 2008

Nattering

I, along with the help of other family members, have had the grandkids (ages five and three) for 15 days while their parents are on a cruise. Did I mention it’s been 15 days? Lydia, the three-year-old is very articulate and she hasn’t stopped talking since her parents left. She just natters all the time. While with me I’ve taught her how to take a shower (rather than a bubble bath), how to bake muffins and how to wash dishes. In hind sight what I should have been trying to teach her is, Be still, and know that He is God… (Ps 46:10)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gail;
-----Every word of Lydia’s articulation is probably very important to her. My wife talks a lot too. With two sixteen-year-old daughters at the dinner table there is plenty of chatter, chatter, chatter between them. But after living a number of years with these precious people, I have experienced the truth in the saying, “What is important to the one you love is important to you.” I listen to their nattering, maybe not intently, and usually without much response, but I listen, and I think. It is another window into their souls. And I enjoy looking through it.
Love,
Steve Corey