August 20, 2009

Cooperative

For the last couple years my sister has lived with me and I’ve been her caregiver. I worry when she’s not feeling well, but I have a confession to make…she’s easier to get along with when she’s ill. I know it sounds bad, but when she’s really, really sick she doesn’t complain, criticize or demand…she appreciates everything I do for her. When you think about it, it’s not much different than when God allows challenges (physical, financial, spiritual, etc.) to come into the lives of believers. We really are more cooperative with the Spirit’s leading when we’re feeling under the weather.

1 comment:

Steve Corey said...

Gail;

-----Paul said, “…when I am weak, then I am strong.” (II Cor 12:10). So he was content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities - the things that happened to him against which his will could not physically prevail. But in the face of these we can spiritually prevail. Although the choosing of our paths belongs to us, the placement of our steps upon the paths belongs to God. (Prov 16:9). The strength we must have is to stay the course of a well chosen path, but the weakness is to allow the Lord to place our steps in it.

Love you all,
Steve Corey