May 28, 2008

It Still Fits

This last Monday at a war memorial dedication it was nice to see some veterans in attendance wearing their military uniforms. There was one 92 year-old gent and his senior citizen son who were each wearing their respective Army uniforms. Since there is no way I could even think about getting into my Navy uniform, I was impressed. I complimented these veterans on their achievement and a voice from the back of the crowd said, “Yeah, now if I could only breath.” I’m thinking it might be a good idea for me to pull out the amour of God (Eph 6:13) and see if it still fits as well as it used to. If I’m truthful, I spend more time polishing and sharpening my sword than I do seeing if my breastplate is in position. And no doubt my readiness shoes could use some attention.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gail;
-----How true Paul was when he wrote, “Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror…” (I Cor 13:12.) Evidence of that is your wonderment as to whether or not your armor yet fits. You must look into the dim mirror to make that assessment. Those of us who can see you clearly without need of the mirror notice a fine fit. So, be assured sister, you are ready to stand in this evil day! Oh, and I must note, Daniel’s armor looks great, too! He is a strong soldier with whom I am proud to serve.

Love,
Steve Corey