December 21, 2012

Naughty List

While shopping in the toy aisle of Wal-Mart I found myself next to man and his granddaughter. The mite of a girl, with a full head of long hair, had her back to me as she was looking up at the shelves of dolls. Apparently she was shopping for herself with her own money, but some dolls were out of her price range. The grandfather suggested that some of the things she wanted might be under the Christmas tree. Although I didn’t hear her response, I smiled when I heard him say, “Well, what did you do to get on the naughty list?” I finished my shopping, and as I was leaving, I saw my two toy aisle friends coming toward me. The little girl was older than I had first thought and I recognized her as having primordial dwarfism. She was such a cutie that I too started wondering what she did to get on the naughty list. “There is no difference, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.” (Ro 3:22b-23 NIV)

1 comment:

Steve Corey said...

Gail;

-----I think it is kind of comforting to know I am on the naughty list. I don’t like being naughty or anything. I would rather be perfectly righteous in all ways in all things. But that isn’t going to happen in this world. So, with a desire to be whole and the honest admission that I am not completely, I am in the way God sees me. That wouldn’t happen if I thought I were not on that list.

Love you all,
Steve Corey