May 07, 2013

Imperfect

A few months ago I received an email from a City Council colleague saying that during our acquaintance he felt I was always lighting fires, criticizing and nitpicking. His remedy was that I should get off my high horse, because, “…none of us are perfect, including you!” Anytime a believer stands firm in their belief, tries to do what is right, and speaks the truth, he becomes an easy target for others. So often our taking the high road is viewed as being on a high horse. It seems to me that one common denominator of such attacks is the charge, ‘you think you’re so perfect’. One day, when we are in the presence of the Lord, we will be perfect. In the meantime, “It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect.” (Psalm 18:32 NIV)

1 comment:

Steve Corey said...

Gail;

-----Criticizing has to be a part of life because, “…none of us are perfect.” To be true, love must elevate others. It must criticize imperfection to be honest, or not care and be a lie. I suppose nitpicking might be criticism carried too far, or it could be the product of a lovingly critical mind besieged all around by systemic ignorance. Take heart; I perceive the latter.
-----Our people are overgrown with ignorance because liberal horticulturists convinced them criticism and nitpicking were uncomely to the temperate moderation proper subjects are to embrace. In other words, everyone must maintain utter silence while thought masters criticize good and nitpick the Word of God unto transforming us into mindless little robotic cogs of a new machine producing riches for the masters, bribes for its operators, and barely sustainable sustenance for little robotic cogs. How can the cogs care? They’ve been cheated out of their intelligence by the extinguishment of any conviction to think critically. “If I say to the wicked, ‘You shall surely die,’ and you give him no warning, nor speak to warn the wicked from his wicked way, in order to save his life, that wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood I will require at your hand.” (Ezekiel 3:18)
-----The gas can’s in the corner, girl. Strike the match. Throw it. And ride!

Love you all,
Steve Corey