May 27, 2013

Memorial Day

A video clip for the promotion of AMC’s War Heroes Marathon, which will be televised today, caught my attention. The movie appeared to be set in the Viet Nam era with actor Sean Penn saying, “Yea though I walk through the valley of evil, I shall fear no death.” I’m not one for tampering with Scripture, but I made a connection with this twist on the Lord’s Prayer. Today we honor those who, in service to our country, did not fear death. “Where, O death, is your victory? Where, O death, is your sting?” (1 Cor 15:55 NIV)

1 comment:

Steve Corey said...

Gail;

-----Notice that I Cor 15:55 does not deny death. Death never went away after Christ completed his work. What happened is that our spirits came alive, if of course we die to this world of deceit and focus ourselves on His kingdom of truth. So death remained the same, and fools still don’t know the difference, because the difference is what happens to someone who dies with a living spirit.

Love you all,
Steve Corey