October 16, 2006

Book Notes

Let me recommend the book ‘Lord, He Went - Remembering William H. Hinson’ by Stanley R. Copeland. William H. Hinson, “a key leader in the United Methodist Church during a period of renewal and turbulence.” passed away in December 2004. I appreciate Mr. Copeland introducing me to Bill Hinson and giving me insight into the United Methodist Church of today. I’m ashamed to admit that after reading media reports about the turmoil in the Methodist Church (homosexual issues), I simply shook my head, shrugged my shoulders and wondered, ‘What’s going on in this denomination?’ Regrettably I should have been on my knees in prayer for the strengthening of godly leaders like Bill Hinson in their fight to stay true to God’s Word within the disunity of his beloved fellowship. I would like to have known Bill Hinson and experienced firsthand the character of this faithful and unwavering man of God.

No comments: