April 21, 2008

Co-Writer

I should have updated the bio information on the blog some time ago to include Leslie (my daughter) as editor and proof reader. Not only does she catch most of my grammatical errors, she also critiques my writing. Some of her helpful phrases are, “That sounds snarky. So, what’s your point? You’re sounding too much like a reporter, you need to be conversational.” As my schedule is getting some what busier, I’ve ask Leslie to write some of the blogs. So, even though I’ve been remiss in giving her credit as an editor, I’ll now give her the credit she deserves as a Co-Writer. Leslie and I will each sign the blog we’ve written so you’ll know whose post it is you’re reading. I can hardly wait to ask her, ‘So what’s your point?’ Actually, Leslie and I have a relationship that allows us to critique one another in more ways than just our writing. We’re comfortable with critiquing one another’s spiritual life, whether it’s our mistakes, our weaknesses or our strengths…without taking offense. Personally I think my relationship with the Lord grows stronger when I’m open to Christian critique – not to be confused with judging! --Gail

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gail;
-----I don’t think there is much better the Lord can give a mother and daughter than a healthy spiritual relationship. Everyone will admit to their own imperfection, but not everyone will realize it. Criticism is acceptable in the light of realized imperfection when improvement is honestly desired. I think these three personal conditions are fundamental to spiritual growth in a solid relationship. Too many relationships in the church lack one of the three, usually realization. I think your relationship is the Lord’s blessing to your readers.

Love you both,
Steve Corey