April 30, 2008

Census

Since beginning this blog, I’ve not known how many people read it and actually, I’ve had mixed feelings about putting in a counter. When I first began posting blogs, knowing the number of readers had the potential to be either inflating or deflating. I couldn’t help but remember King David’s ill-conceived idea of taking a census of the fighting men of Israel. Afterward David said to God, “…I have sinned greatly by doing this. Now, I beg you, take away the guilt of your servant. I have done a very foolish thing.” (1 Chronicles 21:8 NIV). Had I started counting readership two years ago it might have been for the wrong reasons. Recently however, friends have shown an interest in knowing how many readers we have, so I’ve installed a hit counter at the bottom of the blog and oh, my goodness! --Gail

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Remember that a counter registers every hit to the website, not the individual IP, so if anyone is checking for comments a couple times a day it registers. Just FYI.

Christian Ear said...

Anonymous
Boy, you really know how to burst a bubble :)!
Gail

Anonymous said...

Anonymous;
-----No kidding! This thing registers a hit every time I press the refresh button! I think I'll sit here for a while and try to pump Gails balloon back up.

Steve Corey

Christian Ear said...

Steve,
You’re bad! You’re going to have me hyperventilating here. OK you two, when I need a dose of reality I’ll view the stats right below the counter.
Gail

Anonymous said...

Gail;
-----OK. You're good enough at math and logic to now know I pushed the refresh button three times today. Sorry.

Steve Corey