October 17, 2008

Coupon

When I get a store coupon or a gift certificate I don’t run right out and spend it. Normally I wait to redeem it until there is something I really want to buy or I try to maximize it by waiting for a sale. The problem is I then forget that I have the coupon. I just noticed that I have one such coupon clipped to the side of the refrigerator with an expiration date of June 2007. A few of my family members treat Jesus the same way that I treat my coupons. They think they have all the time in the world to take advantage of His gift of Salvation…what they don’t understand is that they are the ones with the expiration date.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gail;
-----I love your analogy! I’ve had a similar problem running in my life the past couple years. I had gotten “smart” and had started buying Christmas gifts throughout the year. Places to hide them has been a problem, though. My office is small, and every available nook and cranny has already been packed full of stuff. But I’ve always been able to find a way to squeeze in something else. So come these Christmases, I have found myself certain that I had bought something for someone else, but what it was, who it was for, and where I stuffed it escaped me. So I rest assured there will one day come a Christmas for me when all this stuff surfaces. What we will be is hidden in Christ. But it will be revealed on That Day.
Love,
Steve Corey