October 16, 2008

Out With the Old

I’m getting ready for new carpet this week and right now my house is turned upside down and inside out. It’s been a challenge to relocate four rooms of furniture. As a last resort I stacked it on the deck and covered it with a tarp. I would have preferred doing one room at a time, but in order to stay out of the carpet layers way, all the old carpet needs to be removed before the new could be brought in. It sort of reminds me of becoming a believer. The Lord wants to make us new all at once and we only want to change our heart one room at a time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gail;
-----You are doing a lot of hard work! That is part of the reason we don’t put on the new man as quickly as maybe the Lord would like. When I put on the gloves to knock the manic-depressive cycles out of my life in my twenties, I did much the same to my heart and mind as you are doing to your house. I laid everything I knew and accepted outside my heart, except the Word of God, and brought it back in, one stick at a time, only after complete and thorough examination in light of the principles of the Word. All new additions to my heart had to also undergo examination. Every memory, every thought, every feeling. But, as the discomfort of your old carpet gave you the impetus to do the labor, the fear of wandering into insanity gave me the impetus to rebuild my heart and mind.
-----I am glad to hear you have all your furniture on your deck. You need some good weather until you can bring it all back inside. I have forty square feet of rock wall to finish at my home. Two of us needing good weather may weigh heavier on our Lord’s graciousness than one.
Love,
Steve Corey