November 28, 2008

Traps

A feral cat recently had a litter of kittens under our shed. When I called the animal shelter they said that once the kittens were old enough I could take them to the shelter, but that I’d have to trap them myself. Although I don’t want to trap them, I also don’t want to worry about their survival this winter, or heaven forbid that they start multiplying. My friend Harold loaned me a cat trap and I was all set to become a fearless white hunter when I had a horrible thought, what if I trapped a pole cat instead of a kitty cat. One of Satan’s ploys is setting traps for the faithful and I dare say that at one time or another we’ve all fallen into one. Maybe when we find ourselves caught in one of Satan’s traps we should come out fighting with the determination and the aim of a pole cat.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gail;

-----Really, we never are totally free of Satan’s traps. Ur lives are full of discomfort and difficulties stemming from little mistakes that bring uncomfortable, but minor, consequences. Heaven will have none of these. It will have none of Satan either. Presently, most of us become accustomed to the normal bumps of life, and as if unconsciously drawing a line of significance, we think and speak of just the major things as being traps. Some traps capture more of our being than others. Tiny traps only capture a line of thought or an emotion for a moment. But they are all traps, and whether trapped all at once, or little by little, the summed outcome is the same: trapped. Thank God sin, the taking of the bait, is forgiven. Though a few traps hold us tight as the consequences of our misbehavior is irreversible, thank God most of the traps set for us are small and releasable.


Love,
Steve Corey