November 05, 2008

Treadmill

A friend came up to me while I was on the treadmill last week and while focusing on her, my left foot jumped the track and I biffed it. Note to self: Don’t try to hang on to the side bars when you can’t get your feet under you. At the encouragement of others, the next time I got on the treadmill I clipped the emergency stop button to my shirt. Things were going well until my hand accidently hit the cord and the machine stopped cold in mid-stride. Once again I grabbed the side bars. Thankfully, rather than doing a face plant, I was able to gain my footing. You know, I sometimes feel like I’m on a spiritual treadmill…and the angels are having a knee-slapping good time watching my re-runs on Heaven’s Funniest Home Videos.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gail;

-----Most of my life has been spent in worry about biffing it. Consequently, if I were not doing nothing in order to avoid biffing it, I was doing everything so stiffly I was always biffing it. Now my focus has changed to graceful recovery. I still biff it continually. But now I, too, can laugh with the angels.

Love,
Steve Corey