April 02, 2018

Arousing God’s Anger


My mother-in-law, Ruth, who will soon to be 95 years-old, lives with us. After we put in her change of address she became inundated with bulk mail from charities, social cause organizations and health related businesses that say they will help her live long and prosper. Almost daily she says, “Where is all this stuff coming from? I didn’t order anything and I don’t know who this is.” I now have a better understanding of how easily it is for elderly people living alone to be taken advantage of and targeted. I’m beginning to view these organizations, not as someone with a good cause and doing a good work, but as scammers. God has special concern for those who need protection, “Do not take advantage of a widow or an orphan. If you do and they cry out to me, I will certainly hear their cry. My anger will be aroused, and I will kill you with the sword; your wives will become widows and your children fatherless” (Ex 22:22-24 NIV).

No comments: