April 16, 2018

Caregiver

Generally speaking I don’t think of myself as a caregiver, but I’ve found myself thrown into the role because of the end-of-life needs of various family members. I’ll be the first to admit that I’m weary of the physical and mental strain, coupled with tidying up their affairs once loved ones have passed. The Sadducees came to Jesus with a hypothetical question, “Teacher,” they said, “Moses told us that if a man dies without having children, his brother must marry the widow and have children for him. Now there were seven brothers among us. The first one married and died, and since he had no children, he left his wife to his brother. The same thing happened to the second and third brother, right on down to the seventh” (Matt 22:24-26 NIV). I realize their question was prompted by the issue of marriage at the resurrection and Jesus responded there was no marriage in heaven. However, trying to hypothetically wrap my head around being the caregiver and tidying up the end-of-life needs for seven husbands is overwhelming. Thank goodness there is no marriage in heaven. 

No comments: