April 03, 2018

Self-Serving


Elections are just around the corner for all levels of government. As a voter I’m discouraged by candidates whose agenda is more self-serving than it is constituent-serving. Seldom do I see a candidate whose motives for running have no strings attached. That being said, I really should not be surprised and just accept the fact that those offering political favors will always be with us. Over a two-year period, while Paul was under guard, he was afforded the opportunity to speak before Governor Felix. “As Paul discoursed on righteousness, self–control and the judgment to come, Felix was afraid and said, “That’s enough for now! You may leave. When I find it convenient, I will send for you.” At the same time he was hoping that Paul would offer him a bribe, so he sent for him frequently and talked with him” (Acts 24:25-26 NIV).

No comments: