May 08, 2018

I See You


I took my daughter’s dog for a walk in a local park and came upon three male teenage vandals destroying city property. As they sauntered past me on the bike path I said, “I’ve seen your face, I can identify you and I know who you are.” One young man tossed over his shoulder, “So sue me!” I responded, “No, but I’m going to report you to the police.” The next day when I once again walked the dog and I was surprised to see that the damaged city property was somewhat repaired. I surmised that at least one of the vandals had a moment of repentance and tried to fix what he had destroyed. As believers we do something similar — We fail to confess, repent or repair the damage we’ve done until we come to the realization that the Lord has seen our face, can identify us and knows who we are. Proverbs says, “For a man’s ways are in full view of the LORD, and he examines all his paths. The evil deeds of a wicked man ensnare him; the cords of his sin hold him fast. He will die for lack of discipline, led astray by his own great folly” (Proverbs 5:21-23 NIV).

No comments: