May 01, 2018

Notary

In my mothers-in-law’s will I am listed as her agent and in order to settle her estate I need to have my signature notarized on various documents. One agency refused my request citing that they don’t notarize anything pertaining to wills. As a Notary myself I found it interesting that they would quantify the type of document they notarize. In essence, the duty of a Notary is to verify the signature of the person, not to verify the document. In effect, the disciples notarized Jesus, “When Jesus came to the region of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, “Who do people say the Son of Man is?” They replied, “Some say John the Baptist; others say Elijah; and still others, Jeremiah or one of the prophets.” “But what about you?” he asked. “Who do you say I am?” Simon Peter answered, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God” (Matt 16:13-16 NIV).

No comments: