March 31, 2008

Still Looking

In describing her painting, a woman on the Antiques Roadshow said, “I’ve had it for 20 years and still haven’t finished looking at it.” What a great sentiment for believers to use in describing our relationship with the Lord. We may have walked with the Lord since we were children, but we haven’t finished learning the Truth, our faith hasn’t finished growing and we’re still learning obedience. Now here’s something even better. Turn the sentiment around and imagine the Lord saying to you, “I’ve had you for 20 years and still haven’t finished looking at you.”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gail;
----I think of all those good attitudes the Bible tells us to have for one another, then I think about what a society of creatures who them all perfectlly, naturally. That is why I gaze into the Lord. That place is going to be so great! And His wanting folks to have that place is even greater.
-----When I do things for Char, my daughters, or others, I am always thinking about how much I hope they will enjoy it. That must be what is thinking when He looks at me, because there sure isn't anything else in me to look at.

Steve Corey